Accident victim in fair condition at KU hospital
A Tonganoxie man who was injured in a two-vehicle fatality accident was in fair condition Monday morning, a Kansas University Hospital official said.
Justin M. Wiles, 32, Tonganoxie was taken to the hospital after a head-on collision Tuesday night on U.S. Highway 24-40 south of Tonganoxie. Shelli K. Stimach, 47, Tonganoxie, the driver of the other vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
Wiles was driving north on U.S. 24-40 in a 1998 Chevrolet Lumina when his vehicle went left of center and collided head-on with Stimach's 2003 Nissan Altima, which was traveling south on U.S. 24-40, according to KHP reports. Stimach was wearing a seatbelt; Wiles was not, reports also said.
Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, Edna Buttler, KHP public information officer, said Friday. She said the crash still was under investigation and that the KHP is awaiting word on Wiles' blood test results for other substances.
More like this story
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie Live effort on the move
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities