Basehor resident accused of soliciting sex acts released on bond
The 66-year-old Basehor resident accused of soliciting sex acts from elementary students has been released from the Leavenworth County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
Basehor police arrested the man after conducting an investigation into reports that elementary school-aged children were approached by the man to engage in unlawful sexual acts. He was charged with two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child and two counts of aggravated indecent solicitation of a child.
His first Leavenworth County District Court appearance was Friday morning, at which his bond was set and a court date of 9 a.m. June 23 was scheduled.
For more on this story, check in with basehorinfo.com and Thursday's issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie trainer warns of heat illnesses, urges proper hydration
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita