Lightning strikes in Tonganoxie
Lightning reportedly struck two structures Wednesday in Tonganoxie.
According to Tonganoxie police officer Tom Wiles, lightning struck about 6:50 p.m. at Evans Real Estate, Fourth and Bury streets, in downtown Tonganoxie. Another lightning strike was reported in the 200 block of Delaware Street around the same time, but lightning did not cause a fire at either location and there was minimal damage, Wiles said.
The strike might have hit a chimney at the top of the real estate building, Wiles said, as brick from the building fell to both Fourth and Bury streets. Tonganoxie police and Tonganoxie City firefighters responded to the calls.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery