Jim Lawrence of Springdale and his daughter Grace flew to Fort Myer, Va., to visit his other daughter, Tabetha, and her husband, who is in the Army. They visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Pentagon. Grace will be staying with her sister until July and Jim returned on June 14.
Wanda Parker, Pearl McEvoy, Peggy Gillaspie and Evelyn Schwinn of Springdale Friends Church attended tea at the Jarbalo United Methodist Church on Friday, June 12.
Johnny, Jackie and Adam Schwinn vacationed in the Dakotas the week of June 15.
A number of the Schwinn families of this area attended the visitation and funeral of Earl Allen at the Presbyterian Church in Gardner on the weekend of June 12. He will be missed.
The Springdale community wants to extend its sympathy to the Earl Allen family. Earl’s wife, Mary Barbara, grew up and lived in the Springdale area.
Luke and Emily Cole and Kyle Schwinn had a sleepover at grandma Schwinn’s home on June 16.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row