Tonganoxie post office closing early for July 4th weekend
All United States Post Offices in the Mid America District, which covers eastern Kansas and western and southern Missouri, will be open on Friday, July 3, but many will shorten retail lobby hours and close at noon. Regular mail delivery for July 3 will be unaffected by the change.
Revised hours will be posted at each post office and commercial customers are asked to check with their bulk mail acceptance unit for July 3 hours of operation. Customers may call 1-800-ASK-USPS for information about specific post offices. In addition, mail should be deposited into blue collection mailboxes by noon for early pick-up on July 3. Customers requiring postal services later that day are encouraged to contact their local postmaster.
All post offices will be closed Saturday, July 4. Sunday/Holiday Express Mail only will be delivered on July 4. All post offices will be open and regular mail delivery will resume Monday, July 6.
On July 3, the Tonganoxie post office will be open at 8:30 a.m., but will close at noon.
The carriers will be delivering mail as normal that day.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Father-daughter event RSVP deadline Monday at Genesis
- Trio of medalists for Tonganoxie High wrestling
- Kansas City Connection: The debut of KC Ballet's new 'Nutcracker' and other family activities
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits