McLouth girls win sub-state opener
When the postseason begins, survive and advance is the name of the game and that’s exactly what the McLouth High girls basketball team did Monday night in its sub-state opener at home.
The Bulldogs recovered from a fourth-quarter deficit and got through the first round of the postseason with a 48-45 win against Silver Lake.
McLouth (11-10 and No. 4 in its sub-state bracket) trailed by two at the half and one after three quarters but rallied to outscore SLHS 15-11 in the deciding fourth for the three-point victory.
Junior guard Missy Rome led the Bulldogs with 19 points and converted eight field goals. Junior forward Kylie Shufflebarger matched Rome’s basket count and totaled 16 points. Cassidy Bristol chipped in six.
With the win against the tournament’s No. 5 seed, McLouth advances to play Rock Creek, the bracket’s No. 1, on Thursday night at Silver Lake.
More like this story
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut