Due to the economy, there are families in our community in need of food. The food pantry at Pathway to Life Church welcomes donations. Non-perishable items may be delivered to the church, 201 E. Lucy in McLouth. For more information, call Jill Penrod at (913) 796-9999.
• Remember to set your clocks ahead one hour before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday.
• Louise Gilbert will celebrate her 95th birthday from 2-5 p.m. Sunday in the church parlor at McLouth United Methodist Church. All friends and family are invited.
• McLouth Public Library's Book Discussion Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• American Legion Auxiliary No. 393 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Alfreda Ryan’s home. New members are welcome. For further information, call (913) 796-6525.
• McLouth Parent Teachers Organization will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 12, in the McLouth High School home economics room. Babysitting will be provided.
• Ready to get in shape? An Exercise Group meets at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday, and at 9 a.m. every Friday at the McLouth Community Center (behind the library). There is no charge. All levels of physical fitness are welcome to participate in this one-hour session of walking and moderate exercise (it’s perfectly acceptable to take a "rest" whenever necessary). This is good therapy for cabin fever.
• Plans are under way for McLouth’s 11th annual Patriots Day, which will be Saturday, April 18. To participate in the parade, please call Candy Braksick at (913) 796-6924. Crafters, to set up a booth, please call Penny Woodring at (913) 796-6926. If you plan to set up a food stand, please call Beverly Muzzy at (913) 796-6935.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy at email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- What's on your (license) plate?
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination