McLouth boys lose sub-state opener
The McLouth High boys basketball season came to a close on Tuesday night as the Bulldogs fell at K.C. Christian, 71-31, in an opening-round sub-state matchup.
As the No. 8 seed in their bracket, the Bulldogs faced a big challenge, taking on No. 1 seed KCC on the road.
Junior guard Cole Batman led MHS with 15 points. Jarrod Bechard, Derrick Crouse and Gavin Swearngin chipped in four points apiece.
The Panthers (18-3) blew the game open in the third quarter, when they outscored the Bulldogs 24-9.
McLouth finished the 2008-2009 season with a 2-19 record.
More like this story
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food