McLouth boys lose sub-state opener
The McLouth High boys basketball season came to a close on Tuesday night as the Bulldogs fell at K.C. Christian, 71-31, in an opening-round sub-state matchup.
As the No. 8 seed in their bracket, the Bulldogs faced a big challenge, taking on No. 1 seed KCC on the road.
Junior guard Cole Batman led MHS with 15 points. Jarrod Bechard, Derrick Crouse and Gavin Swearngin chipped in four points apiece.
The Panthers (18-3) blew the game open in the third quarter, when they outscored the Bulldogs 24-9.
McLouth finished the 2008-2009 season with a 2-19 record.
More like this story
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected
- Mars Inc. to expand candy-making plant in Kansas
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses