Topeka man now faces federal charges in sexual exploitation case
A 48-year-old Topeka man accused of coercing a 14-year-old Baldwin City girl into sending him nude pictures of herself, now faces federal charges.
In January, the man was charged in Douglas County District Court with sexual exploitation of a child.
Acting U.S. Attorney Marietta Parker's office announced Thursday it's filed federal charges of distributing child pornography and possessing child pornography against the man.
It is Signal policy not to name the suspect in sex crime stories unless there is a conviction.
The man is scheduled for an appearance in district court on March 31.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- It's always a day of sweat treats in Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kevan Welsh
- Tonganoxie Public Library presenting Celtic performance at the Jewel on Main