First Baptist Church of McLouth welcomes Kevin Fears as the new youth pastor. All youths, teens, and young adults are invited to exalt Christ through Bible study, worship and music every Sunday evening. High School Youth Fellowship meets from 6 to 8 p.m.; Middle School Fellowship meets from 7 to 8 p.m.
• All boys in grades 1 through 5 are invited to join McLouth Cub Scouts Pack 81. Scouts build character and skills for success in the real world. In partnership with committed adult volunteers, boys develop qualities that will serve them all their lives, such as leadership, strong values, social conscience, and conviction about their own potential and self-worth. For more information about Cub Scouts, or if you would like to join, please contact Carrie Koch: (913) 796-6755.
• Parents as Teachers, a fun, free, educational program sponsored by McLouth USD No. 342 and the Kansas State Department of Education, offers these three events for families with children ages 0 through 3 years. Socialize with other parents while your child plays with other children:
Playgroup will take a field trip to McLouth’s fire station at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 4. The fire station is behind the Community Center. Children will enjoy pretending to be a fireman with their own helmet and climbing on the truck. Fire safety coloring books will be provided.
Pat the Bunny is an evening Easter egg hunt playgroup held from 7- 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, at McLouth’s Community Center. Activities include: decorating Easter eggs, an Easter egg hunt, ducks and bunny games and toys.
At 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 8, it’s story time at the McLouth Library with nursery rhymes, reading books and crafts.
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Klamm, parent educator, at (913) 845-1519 or email@example.com.
Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for Feb. 8, 2017
- Linwood News, Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings
- Fundraiser set for family violence group
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Jarbalo Jottings, Linwood News and McLouth Happenings