MHS forensics team notches top spot at Horton tournament
The McLouth High School forensics squad took first place Feb. 28 at a meet in Horton.
The team has nine members.
Here are their results at the meet:
Medalists: Sixth place, Brittany Schumann (original oration), Chelsey Breshears (humorous solo acting); fifth place, Gelia Gardner (informative speaking & humorous solo acting), Kayla Harwood (serious solo acting); fourth place, Amanda Friesz (original oration), Leighann Morlan (informative speaking); third place, Amanda Friesz (extemporaneous speaking).
State Festival qualifiers: fourth place, Tori Davis and Emma DePriest (improvised duet acting); third place, Emma DePriest (oral interpretation of prose).
State Championships qualifiers: First place, Kayla Harwood (extemporaneous speaking) and Tori Davis (oral interpretation of poetry).
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development graduates 12 students for 2015-16
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship
- Tonganoxie High School graduate part of winning challenge duo at K-State
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Basehor man, great-grandson of Eisenhower, named Kansas' newest aviation director