MHS forensics team notches top spot at Horton tournament
The McLouth High School forensics squad took first place Feb. 28 at a meet in Horton.
The team has nine members.
Here are their results at the meet:
Medalists: Sixth place, Brittany Schumann (original oration), Chelsey Breshears (humorous solo acting); fifth place, Gelia Gardner (informative speaking & humorous solo acting), Kayla Harwood (serious solo acting); fourth place, Amanda Friesz (original oration), Leighann Morlan (informative speaking); third place, Amanda Friesz (extemporaneous speaking).
State Festival qualifiers: fourth place, Tori Davis and Emma DePriest (improvised duet acting); third place, Emma DePriest (oral interpretation of prose).
State Championships qualifiers: First place, Kayla Harwood (extemporaneous speaking) and Tori Davis (oral interpretation of poetry).
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Mirror recieves Kansas Press Association awards for its 2014 work
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas