MHS forensics team notches top spot at Horton tournament
The McLouth High School forensics squad took first place Feb. 28 at a meet in Horton.
The team has nine members.
Here are their results at the meet:
Medalists: Sixth place, Brittany Schumann (original oration), Chelsey Breshears (humorous solo acting); fifth place, Gelia Gardner (informative speaking & humorous solo acting), Kayla Harwood (serious solo acting); fourth place, Amanda Friesz (original oration), Leighann Morlan (informative speaking); third place, Amanda Friesz (extemporaneous speaking).
State Festival qualifiers: fourth place, Tori Davis and Emma DePriest (improvised duet acting); third place, Emma DePriest (oral interpretation of prose).
State Championships qualifiers: First place, Kayla Harwood (extemporaneous speaking) and Tori Davis (oral interpretation of poetry).
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund