Couple cancels honeymoon trip to Mexico
Hollie Fritz and Justin Van Dyke, both of Tonganoxie, will exchange vows in just a few days.
However, they’re putting a rain check on a honeymoon getaway to Mexico because of swine flu concerns.
Fritz said she researched influenza reports and she and her fiancé decided to cancel plans for a honeymoon trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Waiting to see whether reports might have been over-exaggerated, Fritz said the situation “seemed to get worse than better.”
She canceled travel and hotel arrangements earlier this week, noting that they didn’t want to worry about wearing masks or getting swine flu while on their honeymoon.
“After we canceled, I felt a lot better,” Fritz said. “We just bought a house. We can take time to move in and not have to worry about going to Mexico.”
Fritz said she and Van Dyke received airline vouchers and will have a year in which to schedule another trip. In addition, they received a full refund for their resort accommodations.
Now, the couple is looking at August to possibly plan a honeymoon getaway but the destination currently is to be determined.
“It might be Mexico, it might not be,” Fritz said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council puts hold on rezoning vote
- Lansing approves Leavenworth County Humane Society permit for future building
- Tonganoxie Planning Commission approves recommendations on large projects
- Tonganoxie USD 464 school board holding off on transportation decision
- Tonganoxie school board approves issuance of $9.6 million in bonds