Occupation: Tonganoxie Elementary School assistant principal.
Family: Wife, Jessica; son, Brayden (18 months); and expecting another child in November.
Place of birth: Des Moines, Iowa. Hometown is Hoxie.
Q: When did you move to Tonganoxie, and what brought you here?
A: We moved to Tonganoxie in the summer of 2007 from Eureka after being hired as the new TES assistant principal.
Q: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A: Deciding to become a principal after a being a successful elementary classroom teacher.
Q: What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
A: Work hard and be honest.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I love working in the education profession and knowing each day is going to be different with a whole new set of rewards, challenges and opportunities; I am an avid hunter and fisherman; and I saw Johnny Cash in concert when I was a child.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A farmer/rancher.
Q: What's your ideal vacation spot?
Song: “Same Ol’ Me” by George Jones.
Color(s): Purple and silver.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants