THS softball swept at Lansing
The Tonganoxie High softball team was no-hit in its first game at Lansing on Tuesday night before giving the Lions a scare in the second half of a doubleheader.
LHS pitcher Brittney Lang threw a perfect game in a 6-0 defeat of the Chieftains before Lansing edged THS, 3-2, in the second game.
Nikki Pennington and Brooklyn Kerbaugh pitched in the first game for Tonganoxie (3-9). Angela Jacobs threw the first five innings of the second game for THS before she was relieved by her sister, Tiffany Jacobs.
Nursing a one-run lead in the top of the seventh, Lansing put Lang back in the circle and she recorded the final three outs.
More like this story
- Kansas warns drivers to watch for deer
- Motorcycle-vehicle wreck near Tonganoxie sends 2 to KU Hospital
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers