Bulldogs earn regional bye
The McLouth High softball team’s Class 3A regional tournament begins on Monday but the Bulldogs won’t take the field until Tuesday.
MHS (15-3) received the No. 1 seed in the Silver Lake bracket and a first-round bye.
McLouth will begin its postseason in a regional semifinal at SLHS on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. The Bulldogs will play the winner of a Monday first-round game between No. 4 Oskaloosa (7-9) and No. 5 Rossville (7-13).
Host Silver Lake (14-4) is the region’s No. 2 seed and plays host to No. 7 Troy-Wathena on Monday. The winner of that game faces the winner of No. 3 Pleasant Ridge and No. 6 Atchison County (4-17).
The other semifinal will be played on Tuesday after the McLouth game. The finals are slated for approximately 5:30 p.m.
McLouth is 7-1 this year against the teams in its region. The Bulldogs split a doubleheader with the Eagles at Silver Lake on May 4, losing the first game, 11-4, before winning the second, 10-4. They swept Oskaloosa, 6-0 and 15-0, on April 6. MHS also swept Pleasant Ridge and Atchison County. The team was scheduled to play Troy-Wathena but that date was rained out and never made up.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups