Two accidents on U.S. 24-40 in Tonganoxie; one involves injury
U.S. Highway 24-40 in Tonganoxie was the scene of two separate accidents Thursday.
The first accident occurred about 7:30 a.m. at U.S. 24-40 and Stone Creek Drive.
Tonganoxie police reports said Hannah M. VanMeter, 16, Tonganoxie, was turning left, or west, onto U.S. 24-40 when her 1996 Ford Explorer collided with a 2001 Ford F-150 driven by James D. Beach, 38, Tonganoxie. Beach was traveling east on the highway.
There were no injuries at that accident, reports said.
The other accident, which happened about 8:10 a.m. at U.S. 24-40 and Main, did involve injury.
Marlo Wetta, Tonganoxie, was injured in the accident and taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Her son, Thomas Wetta, also was taken to LMH for precautionary reasons, according to Tonganoxie police clerk Sandy Koontz.
An LMH official said Thursday afternoon that both patients were treated and released.
For more on the accidents, check back to our site.
More like this story
- Five injured in rollover accident on 24-40 in Tonganoxie
- U.S. 24-40 accident in Tonganoxie sends 5 to Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Two-vehicle accident in Tonganoxie sends one person to hospital
- Crews finish work to remove semi trailer from ditch on U.S. 24-40
- No injuries reported in two-vehicle accident Tuesday on U.S. 24-40