City, County sign interlocal agreement for CR1
After months of negotiation, county and city leaders have come to a consensus and are now moving ahead with developing coordinated land use and planning of County Road 1.
The council unanimously voted 4-0 to have Mayor Mike Vestal sign the agreement and send it back to the Board of County Commissioners. Councilmember Jim Truesdell, whose employer HNTB was contracted to do engineering work along the corridor, abstained.
According to the agreement, the city will have control of development standards in its urban grow the management area, which extends south of town to Metropolitan Avenue.
The agreements also outlined the funding process between the two entities for the $1.5 million contribution from the city.
Tonganoxie will pay the county $100,000 each September for 10 years with the remaining $500,000 to be paid out of any development fees collected over that time period with any balance to be paid off by the end of September 2019.
According to one of the provisions in the agreement, if the city and the county do not agree on land use regulations and development standards the agreement will become null and void.
More like this story
- Pleasant day for a run for Tonganoxie cross country team
- Chieftain runners take 11th on girls side at state
- Cool runnings for Tonganoxie cross country
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday
- Footloose Chieftains: Tonganoxie cross country qualifies both teams for state for 1st time in a decade