Jarbalo United Methodist Women met Wednesday, May 13 at the church. President Marily Oxley opened the meeting.
The main topic of discussion was making plans for the spring tea to be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday, June 12. Women from several churches have been invited. The group decided to pay its full UMW pledge.
Marilyn Oxley gave the program, during which she led a discussion about the situations in the world at this time.
Gladys Steffen served refreshments to Frances Jeannin, Bid Sheppard, Marilyn Oxley, Faye Cleavinger and Rosie Oelschlaeger.
The next meeting will be 1:30 p.m., June 10, at which time the group will set up for the tea. Frances Jeannin will be hostess and program leader.
Frances Jeannin attended graduation ceremonies for three of her granddaughters.
They were Amber Jeannin on Thursday from Basehor-Linwood High School, Laura Jeannin on Saturday from Ottawa University and Chrissie Jeannin on Saturday evening from Tonganoxie High School.
— Barnett is a Jarbalo resident who writes weekly columns about the Leavenworth County community.
More like this story
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Kansas raises rents on agencies in state office buildings
- Kansas regents to consider revised guns-on-campus policy
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups