MHS softball season ends in regional final
After disposing of Rossville with an 11-1 victory in its Class 3A regional semifinal on May 19, the McLouth High softball team lost to host Silver Lake, 8-1, in the championship game.
The Bulldogs finished the season with a 16-4 record, one win shy of getting back to the state tournament.
Defensive mistakes cost MHS in the regional final. McLouth only gave up four hits to the Eagles, but the Bulldogs committed seven errors during the game after there were two outs in an inning.
McLouth won 12 straight games to start the season and went 4-4 down the stretch.
Seniors had stellar numbers
McLouth seniors Lezley Lawson and Kendall Patterson saw their prep careers end with the loss at SLHS.
Patterson finished with a four-year batting average of .743 and 66 career doubles. Lawson drove in 119 runs in four years and had 21 career home runs.
More like this story
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Tough voter citizenship rules pull Kansas into multiple lawsuits
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed