On Saturday, May 16, Amy Jo, daughter of Johnny and Jackie Schwinn, graduated from Kansas State University. Afterward, there was a lunch in St. Marys at her sister Jennifer’s home. A number of family members attended. She will begin teaching in the fall at Fort Leavenworth.
During the weekend of May 16, due to all of the rain, Old Stranger Creek got out of its banks. Some of the crops have to be replanted.
David Powell, son of Tom and Kathy Powell of Springdale, graduated from Tonganoxie High School on May 16. A dinner was held at his parents’ home on Sunday with relatives and friends attending.
Wayne, Anabel and Kirk Knapp, a friend Donna and her daughter Jo Donna of Valley Falls traveled to Longton and Fredonia. On May 16, they attended a party for Kyle Huntington, son of J.D. and Sheila Huntington, who graduated the high school that evening.
A party was held on the evening of May 16 for Ryan Tindle, son of Terry and Debbie. The next morning, the Knapps and friends went to church with the Tindles and later they attended Ryan’s graduation. Ryan is the grandson of Wayne and Anabel Knapp. He received a scholarship and will be attending Emporia State University. He wants to be a fifth-grade teacher. The Knapps returned home the evening of May 17.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state