Letter to the editor: Costume in poor taste
To the editor:
I attended the Halloween costume contest at Pastimes Bar and Grill and was disgusted with the selection of the first-place winner.
The person chosen by management was a flasher, complete with trenchcoat, black underwear and a rubber penis. I could not believe that the person won.
Every other costume there was far better and in much better taste than that individual’s costume. There was Elvis, the Headless Horseman, Jack in the Box, Twin Devils, Swine Flu, Drew Carrey and Mimi, One Night Stand, Treeman and others. Somehow the Flasher beat all of them. I was appalled and will not be going back.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence