Master sergeant who cared for Hussein to have book signing in Tonganoxie
In honor of Veterans Day, Master Sgt. Robert Ellis will be signing copies of his book “Caring for Victor: A U.S. Army Nurse and Saddam Hussein” from 10 a.m. to noon at the Tonganoxie VFW, 910 E. First St. in Tonganoxie.
In the book, the St. Louis man describes his eight months in Iraq as an Army nurse and caregiver to Saddam Hussein.
A few copies of the book are available for sale at the Tonganoxie Public Library for $23.
Also from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Ellis will be at the Atchison Public Library, 401 Kansas Ave. in Atchison and at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St. in Leavenworth.
Ellis co-authored the book with Marianna Riley, former St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund