Master sergeant who cared for Hussein to have book signing in Tonganoxie
In honor of Veterans Day, Master Sgt. Robert Ellis will be signing copies of his book “Caring for Victor: A U.S. Army Nurse and Saddam Hussein” from 10 a.m. to noon at the Tonganoxie VFW, 910 E. First St. in Tonganoxie.
In the book, the St. Louis man describes his eight months in Iraq as an Army nurse and caregiver to Saddam Hussein.
A few copies of the book are available for sale at the Tonganoxie Public Library for $23.
Also from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Ellis will be at the Atchison Public Library, 401 Kansas Ave. in Atchison and at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St. in Leavenworth.
Ellis co-authored the book with Marianna Riley, former St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police asking for help in finding missing resident
- Crowded field for Position 2 on Tonganoxie USD 464 board
- Tonganoxie youth taking on diabetes with help from friends
- Leavenworth County authorities searching for inmate worker who left jail Thursday night
- Inmate punished for role in Iowa prison scandal