Chieftains named to KVL all-league teams
The Kaw Valley League honored a number of Tonganoxie High athletes with all-league selections for the fall sports season.
The Chieftains had two players — senior Abby Eisman and junior Molly O’Hagan — selected to the All-KVL volleyball team.
Although the THS football squad didn’t have any first-teamers, the Chieftains had four players named to the KVL second team: senior interior lineman Dane Gonser, senior defensive lineman Jason Espeland, senior linebacker Jeremie Maus and junior defensive back Jeff Sims.
The KVL gave Tonganoxie senior tight end Dylan Faulconer honorable mention, and Maus received honorable mention for his play at running back this year.
The THS soccer team had one player — senior defender Keaton Schaffer — named to the All-KVL second team and four other players — senior forwards Bret Koch and Tyler Woolworth, freshman midfielder Matt Saathoff and junior utility player Jake Willis — received honorable mention.
Four cross country runners from Tonganoxie were honored when the league named its All-KVL teams this year.
Two Chieftains girls, senior Andie Jeannin and junior Alex Hauk, were selected for the KVL second team.
Among the Tonganoxie boys, sophomores Caleb Himpel and Dalton Harrington were both named to the second team.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas