Kansas City, Kan., company relocating to Leavenworth County
DeRossett Company, a manufacturer’s representative for materials natural gas utilities use, will relocate to Leavenworth County, the Leavenworth County Development Corporation announced Tuesday.
The business is moving to a building at 178th Street and State Avenue between Tonganoxie and Basehor from a Kansas City, Kan., location. The company initially will bring its five existing employees to Leavenworth County, but will have room for some job growth in the future, according to LCDC.
DeRossett has been in business as a distributor of natural gas equipment for more than 25 years. The company’s clients are utilities in six states — South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Mike DeRossett, the company’s owner, said he plans to build offices onto the front of the 5,000-square-foot former welding shop. To assist in the building expansion and the location of the new jobs to the county, the Leavenworth County Port Authority offered financial incentives based on the amount of capital investment and the number of new jobs.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie VFW, American Legion planning Memorial Day weekend services
- Tonganoxie Community Band to have practices next 2 weeks
- Tonganoxie St. Patrick's Day Parade to have different start time this year
- 'Cinderella' to be staged this month at Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center
- 'Cinderella' to be staged later this month