The Lawrence family gathered Oct. 24 in Springdale to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of James and Betty Lawrence from Leavenworth. Family members traveled from Virginia, Kentucky and California for the occasion. Family and friends from Fort Leavenworth, Leavenworth and Springdale also attended the celebration. Jim Lawrence played host to the celebration at his home.
L.J. and Gertrude Chrisman, of Springdale, had their daughter and son-in-law, Joyce and Kenny Webb, of Shawnee Mission, as guests Nov. 1 for dinner at their house.
On Nov. 1, Randy and Amy Schwinn and children entertained with a birthday dinner for Linda Schwinn and Julie Zule. Others attending were Harold and Anna Schermbeck, Evelyn Schwinn, Danny and Rick Schwinn, Dave Zule, Lauren, Derek and Courtney.
Brian Schwinn visited his mother Evellyn Schwinn on Nov. 3.
The Halloween evening in the Springdale area had lots of little people out in their costumes, looking mighty cute. If asked, some could do some cute tricks, too.
On Nov. 3, Kirk Knapp took his parents to Coyote Canyon in Topeka for their 57th wedding anniversary. They had a lovely meal.
Wayne and Anabel Knapp want to thank everyone who sent sympathy cards and food in the loss of Anabel’s sister, Thelma Farris. It was very much appreciated.
The farmers are very busy getting their crops out before bad weather sets in. The report is crops are turning out really well.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie high school, middle school students honored with pizza party for winning VFW essays
- Tonganoxie USD 464 has 1 applicant for board opening; hires and resignations; Statehouse candidate visits meeting
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- McLouth FBLA nabs first at area competition
- Tonganoxie senior earns K-State's Putnam Scholarship