Custer’s ties to Kansas will be focus of society’s meeting
Mike Seymour, Tonganoxie resident and park ranger at Fort Larned, will discuss the connection between Kansas and Gen. George Armstrong Custer at this month's Tonganoxie Community Historical Society meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, at the historic site, 201 W. Washington St. in Tonganoxie.
Custer always will be remembered for his "Last Stand" at Little Bighorn. But what is known of his life following the Civil War and before Little Bighorn?
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (913) 845-2852.
More like this story
- Wheat to be Tuesday's topic at Tonganoxie Community Historic Site
- 'Entertainers of the Frontier' to be presented Tuesday
- Historical society to have monthly meeting Tuesday
- Saathoff to speak at historical society meeting
- Leavenworth Army Frontier Museum official to speak at Tuesday's historical society meeting