THS singers prep for annual medieval feast and concert
The Tonganoxie Chieftain Singers and the eighth-grade concert choir are once again sending residents back in time for the eighth annual Madrigal Feaste, to be held tonight.
The event will be held at Tonganoxie Middle School
2009 Madrigal Feaste
The Tonganoxie Chieftain Singers and the eighth-grade concert choir transformed the Tonganoxie Middle School into a medieval castle for the eighth annual Madrigal Feaste.
The castle gates will open at 6 p.m. and the procession will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The outside of Tonganoxie Middle School will look as it always has, but once guests walk inside they will take that step back in time.
Known normally as the middle school’s commons area, the open room down the hall from the school’s main entrance transforms into a medieval court.
The event is free, but the groups ask for at least a $15 donation for each guest.
The royal court will once again treat this year’s guest with food, song and all the wassail they can drink.
For more information, call (913) 845-2654.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie celebrates new Good Shepherd building
- O'Brien, Karleskint squaring off Tuesday in Republican primary in Kansas House District 42 race
- Knights of Columbus free-throw contest is this weekend
- Lesbian Methodist pastor leaves Edgerton church on involuntary leave to avoid trial
- Chicks hatch at Tonganoxie Public Library