Wind advisory in effect for area
A wind advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. today for 51 Kansas counties, including Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Jefferson and Douglas counties.
The National Weather Service reports northwesterly winds will increase to around 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 45 mph by late this morning.
More like this story
- Wind advisory in effect for local counties
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under flash flood watch
- Leavenworth County, surrounding area in wind advisory
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Douglas counties in severe thunderstorm watch