American Legion Auxiliary No. 393 will sponsor a soup luncheon and bake sale starting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 17 at the McLouth Community Center. Lunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proceeds from their fundraisers remain in the McLouth community, distributed to scholarships and Girls State delegates.
• Hitting Alzheimer's Head-On, an informational meeting on dementia, will take place at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 1, at the First Baptist Church of McLouth. Sheryl Stemmons, a licensed social worker with a master’s degree in gerontology, will present an overview of dementia and Alzheimer’s. Learn the difference between Alzheimer’s and typical age-related changes; recognize warning signs; learn about the disease process and possible treatments; get support for caregivers. Become informed regarding understanding and caring for the memory-impaired elderly; and maintaining a dignified and effective relationship with a person suffering from this disability. The community is encouraged to attend this meeting. Bring a friend. Nearly everyone has a loved one who needs support.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcement, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- McLouth High to crown winter royalty Friday; students to have Electro Glow Show dance
- Tonganoxie High schedule of events for state track
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- Tonganoxie thrower has record-breaking day
- Chili dinner set for Friday at McLouth High to benefit basketball team