THS soccer loses home match with Turner
The Tonganoxie High soccer team lost its sixth straight match on Monday night at Chieftain Park.
Although the Chieftains played solid defense with a new starting goalkeeper — Keaton Truesdell — it wasn't enough to beat visiting Turner, who prevailed, 1-0.
Tonganoxie (3-8-2) was trying to get more of an offensive push by removing goalie Mitch DeHoff from the net and putting him on the pitch. Also altering the THS lineup was the absence of Marcus Titterington and Joseph Parrino.
The Chieftains only have three matches left in the regular season. They will be home for a Senior Night contest with Bishop Ward on Thursday. Then, next week, THS has back-to-back nights with Atchison — Monday's match will be at Chieftain Park and Tonganoxie will hit the road Tuesday to close the regular season.
More like this story
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers