Jarbalo United Methodist women met Wednesday, Oct. 7. Seven members answered roll call and reported 31 care calls. President Marilyn Oxley gave a prayer to open the meeting. Final plans were made for the chili/soup supper. Correspondence was read.
Peachez Joles gave a lesson on “1 cross + 4 nails = 4given.”
The group set up tables and chairs for the supper.
Peachez Joles furnished refreshments of root beer floats to Marilyn Oxley, Gladys Steffen, Bid Sheppard, Faye Cleavinger, Rosie Oelschlaeger and Thamar Barnett.
The next meeting will be 12:30 p.m. Nov. 11 at Santa Fe Depot Diner in Leavenworth.
The Jarbalo United Methodist women wish to thank everyone who came to the supper whether to eat or help. It was appreciated.
The annual reunion of Jarbalo High School alumni was Saturday evening at the church. There was a good attendance and everyone enjoyed seeing old classmates.
David and Jane Turner were guests of Tim and Kelly Kouns on Saturday.
Virginia Murphy, H.B. and Sandra Heim and family had dinner at The Legends in Kansas City, Kan., Saturday night. It was a celebration for the birthday anniversaries of Sandra and Virginia. Sunday they all went to Basehor Methodist Church for the baptism of Ava Miller, 5-month-old daughter of Sam and Tammy Miller.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Tonganoxie to have equestrian restrictions on sidewalks, trails
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Topeka firm for City Hall, police station work
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie moves ahead in process to lift specific dog breed ban