MHS volleyball ready for postseason
The McLouth High volleyball team closed out its regular season on Tuesday with a couple wins.
The Bulldogs defeated Pleasant Ridge and Valley Falls at a triangular.
MHS (18-12, 8-3 Delaware Valley League) won 25-17, 25-23 against host Pleasant Ridge and knocked of VFHS in three, 25-21, 18-25 and 27-25.
Senior Kylie Shufflebarger put away 35 kills for McLouth in the two victories. Jeri Holwick finished with 29 assists and Courtney Chilcoat had 13 assists.
After competing a successful season in the DVL, McLouth received the No. 4 seed for the league tournament on Saturday at Horton.
The Bulldogs will play Horton, Valley Falls, Wathena, Pleasant Ridge and No. 1 Jefferson County North.
The two teams out of those six with the best records will advance to the semifinals Saturday afternoon.
The following Saturday (Oct. 24) McLouth travels to Wellsville for a Class 3A sub-state tournament.
The Bulldogs’ potential foes at the tournament are: Central Heights, Kansas City Christian, Maur Hill Mount Academy, Jefferson County North, Osage City, West Franklin and Wellsville.
Central Heights was 25-4 headed into this week.
More like this story
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School