Sid and Karen Sheppard of Topeka visited Bid Sheppard and Kathy Powers on Saturday took them to Ten Penny’s in Leavenworth for a meal.
Bonny Barnett, of Leavenworth, died Oct. 8. She was a step-daughter-in-law of Thamar Barnett. Her funeral was Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Belden-Larkin Funeral Home in Leavenworth. Burial was in the VA cemetery.
Julia Carter, of Iola, came for the funeral and stayed a couple of days. She picked up her daughter, Shianne, who had been visiting her father in Leavenworth for more than a week.
Thamar Barnett accompanied Larry and Velma Bass and Jennifer Carpenter on Friday to Wellsville to see Scott Averill at a nursing home there that he now owns. Scott took the four visitors out to eat at Smokey’s in Wellsville.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action