Sid and Karen Sheppard of Topeka visited Bid Sheppard and Kathy Powers on Saturday took them to Ten Penny’s in Leavenworth for a meal.
Bonny Barnett, of Leavenworth, died Oct. 8. She was a step-daughter-in-law of Thamar Barnett. Her funeral was Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Belden-Larkin Funeral Home in Leavenworth. Burial was in the VA cemetery.
Julia Carter, of Iola, came for the funeral and stayed a couple of days. She picked up her daughter, Shianne, who had been visiting her father in Leavenworth for more than a week.
Thamar Barnett accompanied Larry and Velma Bass and Jennifer Carpenter on Friday to Wellsville to see Scott Averill at a nursing home there that he now owns. Scott took the four visitors out to eat at Smokey’s in Wellsville.
More like this story
- Regionals start today, tomorrow for Tonganoxie, McLouth teams
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Tonganoxie's Parker stepping down after 16 years as THS volleyball coach
- Wheat harvest tradition returns across Kansas
- THS football standout Trimble signs with Fort Scott Community College