New H1N1 vaccine shipments to Leavenworth County going to private providers
The Leavenworth County Health Department has received another shipment of H1N1 vaccine.
These doses will be distributed to private healthcare providers within Leavenworth County. Because early supplies are very limited, the health department has targeted vaccine distribution to healthcare workers, children, and pregnant women.
The following is a list of private providers who will receive the transfer of H1N1 vaccine within Leavenworth County on Wednesday: Debra Heidgen, Vernon Mills, Claudia McAllaster, Munson Army Health Center, Lori Golon, Flanner and McBratney MDs, Women’s Clinic Associates, Associates in Family Health Care.
As more vaccine becomes available, further information will be released about where the general public can receive the H1N1 vaccination. For general H1N1 questions the Kansas Department of Health and Environment has established a phone number for concerned Kansans to call. The toll-free number is (877) 427-7317. Operators will be available to answer questions from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Persons calling will be directed to press “1” on their touch-tone phone to be transferred to an operator who can answer questions. Local H1N1 information will also be posted on www.leavenworthcounty.org.
More like this story
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Tonganoxie USD 464 lays out reasons for principal's termination