Tonganoxie Elementary raises more than $1,700 for two charities
Tonganoxie Elementary School students raised more than $1,700 the week of Oct. 12 for two charities.
Students brought loose change to school — pennies on Oct. 12, nickels on Oct. 13, dimes on Oct. 14, quarters on Oct. 15 and dollars on Oct. 16. Money was donated equally between the National Kidney Foundation and Autism Speaks.
Some teachers used the opportunity to count the money in class as a hands-on reinforcement activity.
Winning classes at each grade level had the opportunity to spend time with guidance dogs Bo and Chip. The dogs belong to TES counselor Connie Weltha.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Linwood man sentenced to nearly a decade in prison for attempted rape, attempted aggravated criminal sodomy
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Bishop Finn Resigns
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences