The Tonganoxie Public Library is participating in the city’s holiday festivities this year by hosting the 3rd Annual Festival of (mini) Trees fundraiser, with an opening reception to coincide with the Mayor’s Christmas tree lighting on Dec. 3. Bidding starts on Nov. 21 and the final bidding on trees will be on Dec. 12 at 3 p.m.
We envision miniature artificial Christmas trees, decorated with inventive and whimsical themes, displayed on top of the book shelves throughout the library, with an opening reception on the night of the Mayor’s tree lighting ceremony.
These donated trees will be sold by silent auction and the proceeds will be used to purchase employment and job skills materials for the Library.
Here is additional information about the festival:
• All festival events are held at the Tonganoxie Public Library, 303 S. Bury.
• Donations are accepted from everyone — businesses, organizations, families or individuals.
• Artificial trees must be between 2 and 3 feet tall to fit on top of the book shelves.
• Any lights should be battery operated. The trees will be displayed lit during the opening reception only.
• The deadline for dropping off Decorated trees is Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 8:00 p.m.
• Public viewing and silent auction: Saturday, Nov. 21-Saturday, Dec. 12 at 3 p.m.
• Festival opening reception with lit trees: 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 3 after the Mayor’s Tree Lighting.
Thank you for your support of the library and the Friends of the Tonganoxie Public Library.
— Royce Kitts is director of the Tonganoxie Public Library.