Visitors of Viola Edmonds during the weekend were Marie Edmonds and Gail Coyle, of Sherman, Texas; Kathy Trigillio, of San Antonio; Mary Sprouffske and Doris Smith, of Colorado Springs, Colo.; Florence Ray, Don and Janice Brake, of Gladstone, Mo.; Rick Ray, from Fort Worth, Texas; Larry and Kay Edmonds, of Drexel, Mo.; Jennifer Love, of Topeka; and Michael and Linda Love, of Mayetta.
• American Legion Auxiliary No. 393 appreciates everyone who generously supported the recent luncheon and bake sale.
• McLouth Church of the Nazarene Sunday School classes welcome you to join them for breakfast and fellowship at 8:30 a.m. every Sunday at the church, 901 E. Lake St. Transportation may be arranged. Call (913) 796-6290 for more information.
• The McLouth United Methodist Church will play host to its sixth annual “Trunk or Treat” from 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot. Everyone in the community is welcome to decorate the trunks of their cars and distribute candy to the gremlins and goblins who come by. Youths of all ages are welcome. It's a great opportunity for families who live in the country to participate in the festivities, and the event provides a safe environment for everyone.
• Residents who choose not to be disturbed by trick-or-treaters often leave their porch lights turned off. As a courtesy, please respect their preference by only going to houses that are lit.
• Members of American Legion Auxiliary No. 393 are reminded to deliver your veterans gift items to Dee Hornback before Nov. 1. If you wish to help wrap the Christmas gifts at the Eisenhower Veterans Administration Center in Leavenworth, please call Dee for details: (913) 796-6634.
• Remember to set your clocks back one hour before going to bed Saturday night. Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 a.m. Sunday.
• An informational meeting on dementia and Alzheimer’s will take place at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Baptist Church of McLouth, presented by Sheryl Stemmons, licensed social worker with a master’s degree in gerontology. Learn the difference between Alzheimer’s and typical age-related changes, recognize the warning signs, learn about the disease process, possible treatments and support for caregivers. We encourage everyone to attend this meeting. Bring a friend. We all know someone we love who needs support and understanding.
• Stanwood Friends Church invites everyone to its chili supper and bake sale from 5–8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, at the McLouth Community Center.
— Please submit McLouth Community information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Tonganoxie Public Library presenting Celtic performance at the Jewel on Main
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone