Fit-n-Fun 5K raises physical education funds
This year’s Family Fit-n-Fun 5K took place Saturday at Tonganoxie Middle School as several runners and walkers participated in the fundraiser for the Tonganoxie School District’s physical education department.
According to TMS physical education instructor LeAnn Bond, nearly 50 people participated in the event and about $350 was raised for the physical education department.
Here are top placers in each of the categories:
1. Charles Gilmore, 24:05; 2. Jeremy Goebel, 24:13; 3. Chris Donnelly, 24:40.
10 and younger
Male, Tyler Novotney, 28:36.
Age 11-20 division
Male, Jake Tollefson, 32:02; female, Rachel Elliott, 35:21.
Age 21-30 division
Female, Deb McTaggart, 34:40.
Age 31-40 division
Male, James Gailet, 25:17; female, Shawna Gilmore, 25:06.
Age 41-50 division
Male, John Tollefson, 26:27; female, Sue Walker, 34:48.
Age 51-60 division
Male, Dan Hess, 31:29.
Youngest runner: Mitch Geiger, 6 years old.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14