Saturday morning breakfast guests of Bob and Alfreda Ryan were their granddaughter, Megan Mance, Jeremy Larenzo, Amy Theis, and Bob Poff, all of Leavenworth. They played in the 24-hour slow-pitch softball tournament Aug. 21, 22 and 23 in McLouth.
• American Legion Auxiliary No. 393 will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Alfreda Ryan’s home. New members are welcome. For information, please call (913) 796-6525.
• Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative is playing host to a free health fair that is open to the public 2:30-5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 9 at 507 N. Union, McLouth.
There will be blood pressure and cholesterol screenings available as well as reviews of height, weight and body mass index (BMI). Information will also be available for chiropractic services, eye care, nutrition, hearing, physical therapy, organ donation and much more. In addition, there will be bank and investment representatives on hand to review your financial health.
Flu shots will be available from the Red Cross for $25 (number is limited). For planning purposes, if you intend to get a flu shot, please RSVP to LJEC: (888) 796-6111.
• Remember to proudly display the American flag this Sept. 11, honoring those who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001 and their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and all who are currently serving at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.
• Middle School Student Ministries group (for teens in 6–8 grades) meets from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday evenings at First Baptist Church of McLouth. All middle school students are invited for a time of fun, fellowship and Bible study.
• First Baptist Church of McLouth Awana Clubs for Kids meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday. All preschoolers through fifth graders in the McLouth community are invited to an active evening of games, team competitions, Bible study, scripture memorization and music.
— Please submit McLouth information, announcements, and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas officials to urge schools to teach financial literacy
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak