Artists association exhibit opens at Carnegie in Leavenworth
Leavenworth What do a glass of water, a square box, an egg, a parasol and a mousetrap have to do with art? They're all part of creations at the Leavenworth County Artists Association’s latest show at the Carnegie Arts Center.
The “High 5 - Object Project” opens at at the Carnegie, Fifth and Walnut, in Leavenworth, and will continue through Sept. 27. An opening reception will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4.
The association will share its “Images of Leavenworth” on Sept. 11 and 12 at the Heritage Center, Delaware and Esplanade streets, in conjunction with the First City Festival. Artists also will be stationed along the 3 Mile Creek River Walk on Saturday, Sept. 12, doing plein air painting and displaying their art.
More like this story
- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Cowboy event moseying in this weekend into Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015