House fire causes damage, but is “definitely salvageable”
Firefighters were at the scene of a house fire for roughly four hours Wednesday.
Tonganoxie City Fire Captain John Callaghan said firefighters responded about noon to the 300 block of East First Street for a fire.
He said there was fire damage, but more smoke and water damage to the house, noting also that the house is “definitely salvageable.”
Callaghan said the cause of the fire was "items left on the stove." No one was in the house at the time of the fire, Callaghan said.
Fairmount Township Fire Department and Tonganoxie police also assisted. Tonganoxie Township and Stranger Township served on standby.
More like this story
- 15 things you might not know about Tonganoxie
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Tonganoxie police station, City Hall discussion trudges on
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Human foosball comes to Shawnee with new business