Two accidents send area people to KU Hospital
Two accidents sent residents to Kansas University Hospital, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff reports.
About 9:40 a.m. Saturday, Chad D. Shearer, 34, Tonganoxie, was driving his vehicle north in the 20220 block of Tonganoxie Road, or County Road 5 when his vehicle left the road and crashed into an embankment.
Shearer had to be extricated from the vehicle, reports said, and he suffered multiple head wounds and sharp pain in his legs and hip. He was taken by air ambulance to KU Hospital, where an official said Tuesday he could neither confirm nor deny Shearer is a patient.
Another accident happened about 7:40 a.m. Thursday near 166th Street and State Avenue and involved two vehicles. JoAnna Verbenec, 17, Bonner Springs, was driving north on 166th Street when she failed to yield to Mark D Campbell, McLouth, 45, who was driving west on State Avenue. Campbell was not injured, while Verbenec and a passenger, Spencer Rowland, 15, Bonner Springs, were taken to KU Hospital. A hospital official said Tuesday they were not patients.
More like this story
- U.S. 24-40 accident sends 16-year-old to area hospital
- Drivers in Sunday accident south of Tonganoxie in fair condition at KU Hospital
- Woman killed in two-vehicle accident on Leavenworth County Road 1; other driver taken by air ambulance to KU Hospital
- Two Tonganoxie residents sent to hospital following motorcycle accident
- Tonganoxie man sent to area hospital after two-vehicle crash