History of ghost towns to be examined
Ghost towns will be examined and discussed at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society.
Guest speaker Perry Waters, retired director of graduate periodontal services at Leavenworth’s VA Medical Center, will talk about small towns that have disappeared.
Walters will present his research about some interesting, once-active communities and look at what impact railroads and the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Compromise had on what are now ghost towns.
The Tonganoxie Community Historical Society is at 201 W. Washington Street. Call (913) 845-2852 for more information.
More like this story
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action