Leavenworth County in flood advisory
The National Weather Service has issued an urban and small stream flood advisory for a few Missouri and Kansas Counties, including Leavenworth County on the Kansas side. The advisory is in effect until 3:30 p.m.
At 9:43 a.m., National Weather Service Doppler Radar indicated thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler radar estimated rainfall rates in excess of 1 inch per hour common with these storms, with localized rainfall possibly approaching 2 inches.
Runoff from excessive rainfall can cause minor flooding to occur, especially along small streams and near low water crossings.
More like this story
- Carriage rides, music highlight tree lighting event Saturday
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Time for merriment: Tonganoxie's Madrigal Feaste is Friday, Saturday
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- Madrigal Feaste brings in more than 400 for this year's two-night holiday event