Trail Ride for the Cure, which will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, will take place Sunday at the Circle S Guest Ranch north of Lawrence. Cystic Fibrosis is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of about 30,000 children and adults in the United States. Proceeds from this ride will be used to fund continued research and treatment centers. If you’d like to ride your own horse, or sponsor a rider, contact Candace Braksick: (913) 796-6924.
• McLouth Public Library’s book discussion group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, please call (913) 796-2225.
• American Legion Auxiliary Post No. 393 will have a meeting for all veterans and their families desiring to learn more about their earned VA benefits at 4:10 p.m., Friday, Oct. 2. Veterans and their family members who have specific questions regarding VA benefits are urged to attend this meeting, which will be held at the McLouth Community Center (located behind McLouth Library).
• McLouth United Methodist Church is playing host to an open house this Sunday. You’re invited to come by at 10:30 a.m. for refreshments, fellowship and church tours. Worship services are at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. with Sunday School for all ages at 9:45 a.m. The church is at 400 S. Summit in McLouth, across from the high school parking lot.
— Please submit McLouth information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or (913) 796-6935.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- 4 Kansas tribes to split $1.7 million for housing needs
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan