Tonganoxie Fire Department
• At 3:14 p.m. Sept. 21, firefighters assisted a citizen.
• Firefighters responded with Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service at 6:22 p.m. Sept. 22, 9:14 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, 3:41 p.m. Thursday, 11:30 a.m. Friday and 2:59 p.m. Saturday.
• Firefighters assisted a citizen at 9:57 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23.
• At 4:31 p.m. Friday, firefighters responded to a motor vehicle accident at County Road 5 and Sycamore.
• At 1:07 p.m. Saturday, firefighters served on standby for Reno Township.
Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office
• A 66-year-old Tonganoxie man reported his car was stolen sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sept. 17 from his home in the 16700 block of 182nd St. The man stated that in that hour he went to run some errands and when he returned his 1999 Ford Ranger was missing from his driveway. Deputies conducted a neighborhood canvas, but found nothing suspicious. There are no suspects at the time. The loss was estimated at $5,000.
• A 42-year-old Leavenworth man was taken to the county jail after being found driving under the influence with his 3-year-old son in the car around 2 p.m. Sept. 17, at Seventh and Pottawatomie streets. During routine patrol the deputy witnessed the suspect pull out in front of the officer disregarding a stop sign. After stopping the man, the deputy noticed the child was not properly restrained. The deputy found the man to be under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The child was released to the mother.
• On Sept. 18, deputies responded to a call of suspicious activity on Wolcott Road north of McPherson Road. A 45-year-old Leavenworth woman who called the police told officers that two white juveniles had been walking door to door asking for money they claimed was owed to them by her husband. The woman stated that the boys were going to use the money for all-you-can-eat pancakes at Applebee’s. Deputies checked the area, but could not find the suspects. The investigation is still ongoing.