TMS cross country runners win three of four races at home invite
Tonganoxie Middle School’s cross country runners had a good time at the Tonganoxie Invitational on Sept. 22 as Warriors runners won three of the four races.
Emily Soetaert won the eighth-grade girls race, Evan Stilgenbauer placed first among eighth-grade boys and Asher Huseman took first place in the seventh-grade boys run.
In the seventh-grade girls race, Sarah Ahart finished in second place, just one second behind the winner.
Other top-five runners for TMS were: Alissa Donnelly, third, and Hunter Cook, fifth, eighth-grade girls; Emily Williams, fifth, seventh-grade girls; Brett Fisher, fifth, seventh-grade boys.
Overall, TMS runners won 12 medals, which are given to the top 10 finishers in each race.
The Warriors’ other medal-winners were Eric Tate, Evan Lott, Tressa Walker and Jeff Robichaud.
The seventh-grade boys and eighth-grade girls won team titles at the home invite. The seventh-grade girls and eighth-grade boys finished second.
1. Emily Soetaert, 13:30; 3. Alissa Donnelly, 14:10; 5. Hunter Cook, 14:28; 12. Taylar Morgan, 15:26; 17. Emma Stilgenbauer, 16:06; 18. Annie Holton, 16:40; 19. Aly Bartholomew, 16:41; 27. Annabelle Frese, 17:28; 28. Shelby Fatherley, 17:30.
1. Evan Stilgenbauer, 12:13; 7. Eric Tate, 13:14; 10. Evan Lott, 13:21.47; 13. Andrew Behm, 13:28; 44. David Falk, 16:40; 49. Kevin Jardes, 17:50.
2. Sarah Ahart, 6:38; 5. Emily Williams, 6:52; 9. Tressa Walker, 6:57; 19. Sophie Breedlove, 8:08; 24. Megan Behm, 8:25; 32. Amber Athon, 9:39.
1. Asher Huseman, 5:48; 5. Brett Fisher, 6:14; 10. Jeff Robichaud, 6:22; 19. Jordan Woods, 6:42; 22. Mitch Brock, 6:47; 23. Garrett French, 6:48; 39. Justin Young, 7:19; 40. Kyle Caldwell, 7:21; 59. Quin Smith, 8:19; 64. Andrew Harris, 8:40.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Jewel on Main to have diva show Saturday
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church