Neighbor: Dorothy Andrews
Occupation: Dairy lab technician.
Family: Four children, two boys and two girls. All are Tonganoxie High School graduates.
Place of birth: Coffey, Kan., near Burlington.
Q: When did you move to Tonganoxie, and what brought you here?
A: I moved here in 1949. My husband worked in the milk plant.
Q: What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?
A: I was never a risky person, I wanted to be sure of everything.
Q: What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?
A: Always be a Christian and attend church.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: 1.) I am always friendly, 2.) I am always ready to help anybody who needs help and 3.) I raised four good children.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Nothing special, just to make a good living for my family and anyone who knows me knew that's what I did.
Q: What's your ideal vacation spot?
A: Grand Lake in Oklahoma.
Song: "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.
Food: Prime rib
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck