Errors, walks doom THS baseball
Walks and errors cost the Tonganoxie High baseball team in a 19-9, five-inning loss at Jeff West in Meriden Tuesday.
Even though four Chieftains produced multiple hits and THS out-hit the Tigers, 12-9, the team’s five defensive errors coupled with 12 walks from Tonganoxie pitchers were too much to overcome.
Tonganoxie senior pitcher Brandon Yoder made his season debut and struggled, walking eight batters and striking out four before AJ Gilbert entered in relief.
But Yoder and his teammates didn’t have too many problems at the plate. The senior went 2-for-3 with an RBI.
Senior center fielder Dylan Caywood had a great game offensively, going 4-for-4 with four RBI and four runs scored.
Dylan Puhr went 3-for-4 with two RBI and a double and Ben Williams was 2-for-3 and scored a run.
Dalton Harrington doubled for Tonganoxie and Dylan Pendleton drove in a run.
The Chieftains were supposed to play twice at JWHS but the second game was washed out.
THS (0-3) was scheduled to play Basehor-Linwood Wednesday but that home game has been rescheduled for April 15 at 4:30 p.m.
Next up on Tonganoxie’s schedule is a 4 p.m. Monday doubleheader at Piper in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Kansas regulators disagree on increasing KCP&L's rates
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Kansas regulators to decide on rate hike for KCP&L customers
- Kansas utility to retire old generating units by year's end
- Kansas regulators expected to approve rate hike for Westar