Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
Thanks to so many for all of the birthday wishes, surprises, gifts and celebrations, certainly too many to list them all here.
It all began a week ahead of time. My grandson, home from his third tour of duty, thought he was going to a (week ahead of time) surprise party for me. I thought I was going to a welcome home party for him. It turned out both happened. They really pulled it off in a big way. Jason was as surprised as I was.
And then our Mirror, with Shawn Linenberger and his great writing skills — now let me tell you that front page was indeed a surprise (shock more like it). Thanks again all of you. I love you all so much. God truly has blessed me far beyond measure.
I certainly do not feel 90. I’ve slowed down some and I often tote a cane but that’s only because of my knee, “watch it, it may want to let you fall so be careful,” the doctor said.
Reminds me of an old saying: “An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.”
I’ll also share this cute little verse, from a reader, also fits me quite well:
I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died
More like this story
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents
- Kansas raises rents on agencies in state office buildings
- Kansas attorney general seeks data on Colorado legal marijuana entering state